Thursday, February 26, 2009

October 3rd 1943

Backtracking a bit.


Oct 3/43
Dear Mom-
Well I really must apoligize to you for not writing for quite a spell but I have been on leave. I told Mildred where I went and what I did so she will tell you after finishing my OJU quite successfully. We jave all been recommended for commissions, I and all my crew so I hope it comes through. I am moved again so I can't say to where but it's where we go East from so I hope we are on our way soon. Right now I am on 7 days more leave but I'm staying right on the station and getting all my equipment back into shape. Washing my clothes and pressing everything, etc.
Well, how are you Mom? I hope you are not working to hard. I'm glad to hear you are working for Roger's instead of being shoved all over the place, seeing as you insist on working. How is Dad? I hope he is fine and dandy, tell him to drop me a line if he has time. I would certainly like to hear from him. Have Milton and Patricia wrote to Frank or myself yet? I hope they have. I hope Milton gets through with Mrs Howe's teaching. It would certainly be a shame for him to spend another year in the same grade.
How are Grandpa and Nanny? I hope Nanny is okay and not working to hard. How is Grandpa's back. It is any better?
Well the food on this station is quite an improvement from our last one. But we will likely be shipped East before long- I expect to see going in about two weeks but that is just my guess-persoanlly I hope it is before that.
Well I'll close for now-I'm pretty tired. I have just finished writing to Mildred and all day I have had big ironing to do so I'll think to go to bed. I hope to hear from you soon. God bless you all and love to all.
Ed

No comments: