Thursday, February 12, 2009

July 9th 1943


Somewhere in England
Friday July 9th/43

Dear Mom,

This is the first opportunity I have had to drop anyone a line. I wrote to Mildred so now I shall write to you. By now you should have the cable I sent you and I know you will be happy to hear I landed okay. I know you worried I told you not to but I know you would regardless of what I said. So quit worrying about me. I haven't contacted Frank yet but I shall drop a line to him tomorrow to let him know I am here so I'll be able to write to him until I can see him. I hope we get a weeks leave so I will get a chance to see him.

How are all the folks at home. I am well and as happy as possible. But not near as happy as I would be if I was at home. I'm not homesick because I have completely got over those fits while out at MacDonald. I'm just sick of traveling so much. There is just one more trip I want to make and that is to good old Toronto and if I leave there again, once I get home, I won't travel alone again.

I can't tell you where I am or what I'm doing but I hope we are not here long.

The trip over was very good. It was nice and calm and was enjoyed by yours truly. The Red Cross gave us a crate full of cartons of cigarettes so they will last me for a while. If I see Frank I will give him a carton (that's if I don't smoke them before)

Well Mother I shall close for now and will write again in a few days. How does Dad like the camp? How is Grandpa. I hope his back is better and I hope Nanny is okay and Milton and Pat.

Well so long for now Mother and love to all.

Ed

P.S.
Excuse the short letter will try to let you have a longer letter next time.

No comments: