Wednesday, February 11, 2009

June 28th 1943

I'm happy to tell you that Edward graduated from his Air Gunner's course and earned his wings along with a promotion to Sergeant. Like many before him, Edward is now eager to get on to England. Between the last letter and this one Edward also married his girlfriend Mildred. After a quick honeymoon Edward returned to active duty.

 
Edward and Mildred



Monday (Morning) June 28/43
Dear Mom-
Well, here we are at the Y depot in Halifax- we got here Saturday evening and [illegible] Boy of boy we sure were busy.
I'll defenatley be seeing Frank starting to-night so by the time you get his you will know just about where I will be seeing him.
Halifax is a dirty hole in every respect I would hate to live here very long. The trip down from Toronto was a short one compared with the trip out West. I have met several fellows I knew from St. Thomas so I have quite a few pals and chums.
Here is my overseas address:
R-188194
Sgt. Dowe E.A.
The squadron goes in here so put attached Royal Canadian Air Force, Overseas.
Well, my dear, I shall close for now. I feel well and I hope I will be able to recognize Frank.
Love to all
Ed

No comments: