Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Two Letters to Frank

Jan 18/1944

Dear Frank:

Received your letter today and was rather surprised to hear so soon but I'm glad because we go on 9 days leave on or about the 25th of the month. This is not definite yet but we are pretty sure and if it is your 72 hour leave will fit in perfect for it.

Thanks for the wing, it was very nice of you to get it for me. I'll keep it and wear it on my good tunic when the other wears out. I have a wing on my battle dress as a matter of fact I put it on last night so I'll do as I said I'm doing with it-okay? Thanks a million.

Yes, I certainly shall come down when I get my leave no matter when it is. Don't forget to write and give me directions to get to the place. Do I have to go through London? I hope so I want to check up on my account at RCAF Hdqs so that may take me a day or so. You can forgive- if we leave here on the 25th on seeing me on the 27th sometime day or night.

About the boots, I'm trying but I'm afraid it might cause a little concern on some of the big boys- get what I mean? However I'll do my best nobody can do better than that okay? I'll defiantly bring the gloves. They won't be much use but I'll bring them. Don't mention about the time we had- it could and would have been better if we had have had a longer time together- oh well 9 days is pretty good.

No, we missed Brunswick or however you spell or say it. Moe didn't go himself. So I don't know when we will get [illegible.] I hope its pretty soon because I'm thoroughly frowned off waiting and doing practically SFA I want to get really started and get home. Commission looks to be closer might get it before long.

We won\t get a copy of the picture we had taken as Paul's camera broke. So long doe now and write soon but immediately with the “gem” Okay?

Bye for now and God Bless

“Your partner in crime”

Ed


Feb 6/44

Dear Frank,

Received your letter the day I arrived back from leave- I have something rather unpleasant to write about. I was rolled for 17 quid while in London so I had to head back to here on Sunday. I waited for you all afternoon and night at the Beaver Club hoping to goodness that you would show up but no luck.

Very sorry to hear you are in the hospital again. I hope you are out by now, It would [sentence illegible]

Things aren't going to bad here not doing much but getting by okay. I have been writing letters all night and my arm is really sore so this won't be a long letter. I was glad to know everything is off between you and Marjorie as you know doubt would know.

Next leave if you are not available I was going to our Engineer's house with Moe, Ace and Jack by the way they bought a car, yes a car a '36 Moris two door, four seats, it's a pretty food little car. They wanted me to have a share in it but these car cooperations never work anyway.

Well so long for now Frankie and I hope to hear from you soon. Lots of Love

Your Brother

Ed

No comments: