Monday, March 9, 2009

December 10th 1943

December 10/43

Dear Mom-

Well today I had a pleasant surprise. I received your Christmas parcel. Boy it sure was a swell lot. Thanks a million for the contents. Everything shall be devoured with much jest and relish. I have yet to receive my wife's lot and then everything will be completed. First off thank Grandpa and Grandma for the cigarettes they shall be appreciated to no end- I enjoy Savat Caps very much so thank them for me. We were quite busy or else I would have wrote to Nanny before this. I'll try to find the time pretty soon. The cards were lovely indeed- did you receive mine yet? I hope you did. I only sent out 4 so I hope nobody is disappointed on that account. You will know who they were. I really needed a new tie and handkerchief thanks for those too.

Well things aren't going to badly. We have been moved to couple of stations since I last wrote. I hope you don't get any ideas about no news from me. Remember no news is good news and don't worry about me. I'm okay and can take care of myself. I have quite a cold at least it was. Its on the mend now so I'll be okay to fly. We have had quite a bit of flying again and the [illegible.] Perhaps you have read about the Lancaster well that is what I'm flying in now.

I hope everyone is in good health for Christmas. You won't get this until after Christmas now so I hope everyone had a real good time as far as possible. I hope nobody made themselves sick by eating to much turkey. I know that will be quite impossible for us to to do that here. Oh well cheer up Mom! Frank and I shall be back by Christmas '44 and the war will be over by then and everyone will have cause to celebrate and the families shall have a real old time re-union. As you know I can't say much about what I'm doing so don't worry. Mildred was telling me Dad looks after her every time she goes visiting. I'm glad to hear that. Tell him to keep up the good work for me until I return.

Bye for now Mom and lots of love to everyone and the best new year. Your loving son-

Ed

No comments: